Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What if...

To continue on with my last post...I was imagining a thought today (if that is possible to do??)...this thought-was, I believe-God inspired...because that is what my Father God does...inspire change for the better...

So here's the thought....

What if we were obedient to where God was leading us...WITHOUT any motive whatsoever.  What if we were obedient simply because we want to be obedient and not for any other applause???.....

Christ said that if you do good in front of others...that is all of your reward.  There is no other reward that you will receive.  But...if you are obedient and faithful when NO one sees...your reward is far greater than you can imagine.  Your reward is in heaven.  IN HEAVEN!!!

If I were to be completely honest...and usually I am :)...I would say that I can only remember one occasion in which I had no other motive...NONE.  In all of the rest...my intentions were right, pure, etc...but deep down, I was always hoping for more- opportunity...whatever.  Of course, I didn't mean to want more than what I had...but I did.  And I think that if we were all honest with ourselves...more importantly...with God...I'm sure I would not be the only one.

Building the Church cannot be about anything more than building the church.  It cannot be about what I want...or what I can get out of it....there is no room for that kinda crap!

Teach me Lord, to be pure of heart again...no pretenses...just real, raw, passion for you....

No comments:

Post a Comment