Thursday, November 3, 2011

A "Costly" Journey..

It costs a lot to walk in freedom...but yet MY FREEDOM was paid for...and it was given freely.


There isn't a day that goes by that I don't fight for my freedom in one or more areas of my life...


Freedom from what I fear
Freedom from intimidation
Freedom to be myself
Freedom to not care about what others think of me
Freedom to do what I was called to do...and not live another person's life
Freedom to LET someone win me over, instead of settling for the wrong relationship..(GEES LOUISE!)
Freedom to look in the mirror and KNOW I'm beautiful
Freedom to draw out the best in others and not be threatened by their strengths over mine
Freedom to not live in the "boxes" I've built according to what I think life should look like
Freedom to step out and do what I've never done
Freedom to allow others to be free around me.....


Jesus paid for my freedom.  He paid for OUR freedom...and there isn't a day that goes by that I am reminded of that simple truth.  Albert Einstein said it perfectly..."Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."  Not that we should LABOR to walk in freedom, but that we should effortlessly walk with intentional purpose to be free in everything. 


Paul said it much better in Galatians 5:1 - "So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law." (NLT) 


I am convinced more than ever that my LIFE word is FREEDOM.  I want to LIVE it, breath it, believe it, walk in it, serve in it, work in it, DRINK it, and ultimately show it to others.  The only tattoo I've ever wanted is to put the word "freedom" on my wrist as a reminder that I don't have to put back on the same chains that have bound me for so long.  If Christ has truly set me free, why would I put on the same chains he broke off of me...because I'm comfortable wearing them?? Maybe because I've known it for such a long time, that wearing the chains feels normal??


Whatever the reason was for me staying "chained up" until now...is irrelevant.  Someone told me recently that a homeless man/woman doesn't think about anything other than the "NOW."  He or she doesn't think about what they did wrong in the years prior, that led them to being homeless...and they definitely don't think about what they are doing a week from now.  The one thought that keeps him or her living each day, is the NOW.  There is so much wisdom in that. 


Of course I want to dream about the future...and of course I believe in planning.  But what I want to do really well, is live in the NOW - to the best of my ability.  I don't want to live in the past...or even worse...I don't want to live desiring something in the future that isn't for me.  


I figure...the least I could do in return...for my Savior who gave EVERYTHING for me to live in Freedom...is to ACTUALLY WALK IN FREEDOM.   The least I could do is accept the free gift HE gave.  


FREEDOM IS A COSTLY journey...it sets you apart...


Freedom doesn't relate to gossip
Freedom doesn't feed insecurity
Freedom rejoices in other's successes - especially your close friends
Freedom sees the potential in the things that have never been done
Freedom doesn't understand racism or hatred toward others
Freedom knows patience reaps the best kind of harvest
Freedom doesn't get caught up in other's opinions because it knows the TRUTH
Freedom only wants to be itself.....


Freedom is a COSTLY journey...one that Jesus already paid for me.  


You are loved...
xx



1 comment: